School Council Purpose
Crestomere School Council is a collective association of parents, teachers, and staff, whose purpose is to communicate with the principal and the school board respecting matters relating to the school as a whole. It is a means to collaborate with the school to positively support and enhance learning for all students.
Download the Roles of the School Council here.
The objectives of the School Council, in keeping with the School Act and the School Council Regulation, are as follows:
- To provide advice (input) to the staff and principal on issues of importance such as school philosophy, mission and vision; school policies, yearly calendar; programs and directions.
- To stimulate continuous improvement in meaningful and positive involvement by all the members of the school community.
To facilitate collaboration among all the participants of the school community. To support an approach to schooling in which decisions are made collaboratively and wherever possible at the school and classroom level.
To keep the school board informed, in cooperation with the principal, of the needs of the school.
To assist in coordinating projects and activities in the school, which may at times include fund raising.
The membership of the School Council may consist of the following:
- Parents of students enrolled in Crestomere School
- The Principal of Crestomere School
- A teacher representative of Crestomere School
Our first School Council meeting in the 2020-2021 school year will be held on Monday September 28, 2020 at 7:00 pm. This meeting will be held virtual. Please use the following link to join the meeting: https://meet.google.com/pkf-yqoe-heq
Agenda Items: Council Elections, Reviewing Role and Expectations, Trustees Report and School Report
Contact Info for Council
Penny Neufeld, Principal Email: email@example.com Telephone: 403-783-2141
Trudy Bratland, School Board Trustee Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note that if you wish to have a discussion item added to the agenda, it must be received by the Principal or Council Chair prior to the meeting date. Topics not added to the agenda will be tabled to the next meeting.